Build confidence in the paint color you'll ultimately choose by sampling color choices at home.
Benjamin Moore offers a range of paint samples so you can eliminate the stress of wrong choices, and instead—focus on the transformative power that a fresh coat of color brings to your home. Choose the paint sampling option that works for you.
Benjamin Moore Color Samples
Display Chips: In-Store & Readily Available
Available for free from your local Benjamin Moore store, Display Chips are how most homeowners get started on their color search.
Tips for Using Display Chips
- Pull and play Cut them, fold them, leave them on your walls…use Display Chips to narrow down which color family you’ll eventually choose.
- Going darker? Lighter? Display Chips are great for seeing different color values, as they are typically organized by gradations of color.
- Stack them up Layering and observing helps you compare nuances in warm vs. cool colors and undertones.
- Graduate Once you narrow down a few favorites, move to Paint Color Samples, Color Swatches, and/or Peel-and-Stick samples.
While Display Chips may be Benjamin Moore’s smallest color swatches, they remain a vital starting point for narrowing down color.
Paint Color Samples: Brush Them On
Benjamin Moore Paint Color Samples contain actual Benjamin Moore premium interior paint in the color of your choice. Details include:
- Each 8 oz. plastic, screw-top jar covers approximately one 2’x2′, two-coat area.
- Sample paint is interior, eggshell finish.
- Samples are available through your local retailer or online.
Tips for Using Benjamin Moore Paint Color Samples
- Brush out at least two coats. Two coats create the most accurate color depiction.
- Consider brushing directly on your wall, especially if your wall is white or a light neutral—the new color won’t compete against your existing one.
- Consider brushing on a white foam core board, so you can move the color around the room throughout the day to see how the color appears in different lighting.
- For exteriors, use the white foam core board approach, because sample paint is formulated for interior use only.
- Take your time: It’s important to observe your painted wall samples during different times of the day. Don’t rush your decision!
Color Swatches: Tape Them Up
If you don’t want to paint, a Color Swatch is a great alternative to Paint Color Samples. A quick and easy way to view paint color, Color Swatches are…
- Paper samples that are larger than Display Chips.
- 4” x 8” in size with each swatch dedicated to one paint color.
- Available in an eggshell finish.
- For purchase online only.
Tips for Using Color Swatches
- Use painter’s tape to safely adhere the Color Swatch to the wall.
- Observe how colors appear in different lighting in both artificial and natural light sources.
- Compare your color choices to one another in different light sources as well.
- Keep your Color Swatches up for a while for a time-tested approach.
Peel-and-Stick Paint Samples
Peel-and-Stick color samples provide a worry-free approach to selecting the perfect hue. An easy way to view large swaths of color on your walls, Peel-and-Stick color samples are…
- Reusable and movable from wall to wall, and room to room
- Available in every Benjamin Moore paint color
- 9″ x 12″ in size
- Available for purchase on the Benjamin Moore Online Store only (please note: Peel-and-Stick samples are not available at Benjamin Moore retail locations)
- Produced by Samplize using Benjamin Moore paint
Tips for Using Peel-and-Stick Color Samples
- Move your sample around the room to see how the hue looks on each wall.
- Wrap around edges to understand how the color looks in light and dark corners. This is a great way to view the color from multiple angles and in different lighting all at once.
MORE COLOR SAMPLING TIPS
Get the Right Angle
Don’t physically look down on Display Chips or Color Swatches—hold them up against the wall. Ceilings? Same concept—look up for the best color representation.
Add a White Border
Place your Display Chip or Color Swatch against a white piece of paper to make sure the existing color doesn’t influence how your sample color appears.
Amplify Your Color Samples
Observing a larger swath of color is important to your decision-making. Benjamin Moore Color Samples help you see a truer, more robust representation of color.
ADDITIONAL COLOR RESOURCES
Fan Decks: Take Color Collections Home
A fan deck lets you peruse hundreds of Benjamin Moore paint colors from the comfort of your home.
In fact, each Benjamin Moore fan deck gives you convenient access to a world-class Benjamin Moore Color Collection, including Affinity®, Benjamin Moore Classics®, Historical, Color Preview®, Off White Collection and more.
You can have fan decks shipped to your home, or opt to buy directly from your favorite Benjamin Moore retailer.
Buy a Paint Sample
Test your paint colors from morning to evening,
under both natural and artificial lighting conditions